Don’t miss our 3rd annual Stark Mini Maker Faire! Come join the fun as we celebrate makers of all ages and interests!
About Maker Faire
Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning.
Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The original Maker Faire event was held in San Mateo, CA and in 2017 celebrated its twelfth annual show with some 1200+ makers and 150,000 people in attendance. World Maker Faire New York, the other flagship event, has grown in five years to 900+ makers and 90,000 attendees. Thirty-two other larger scale Maker Faires occur in cities around the world—Detroit, Atlanta, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, and Shenzhen to name a few— and over 150 community-driven, independently organized Mini Maker Faires are now being produced around the United States and the world.
Maker Faire is supported by Make: magazine and Maker Media.
- Stark Library Technology Petting Zoo
- One Byte at a Tyme
- Society for Creative Anachronism
- Renewable Energy Perspectives with Green Energy Ohio
- Young Living Essential Oils
- Katy’s Kreations
- Weekend Projects: Receiving Blankets with Cassie Rondinella
- Wilmot Wilderness Center
- Akron Library Tech Zone
- American Cancer Society/Relay for Life – Paracord Bracelets
- Crafts and Beads with D’Juana Philpott
- Cat’s Paw Drawing
- Wood Carving with Chuck Keehn
- What Can You Do with Alpaca Fleece? with Kathy Williams
- Mesh Wreaths
- Stark Tuscarawas-Wayne Recycling District – Crafts from Recycled materials
- Spinning with Rochelle Kramer
- McKinley High School Pep Band
- Master Quilter Dottie Boyce
- Origami with Nicole Wong
- Boy Scouts – Pack from St. Joseph – Pinewood Derby
- S.T.E.A.M.M. Academy from Hartford Middle School - Canton City School District
- 3D Printing with Department 100
- and many more!